Saturday, September 01, 2007

It's ladies' night and the feeling's right

It looks like it might be time to dust down and reuse that old "What do you call a Mayoman with an All-Ireland medal?" joke as the ladies are, once again, back in the final, where they'll face reigning champions Cork in Croker later this month. Tonight up in Breffni Park, they overcame Tyrone by 2-13 to 2-8 in the semis to set up their first final appearance since 2003. Cora was, once more, our star turn, contributing 1-8 to the winning total.

I now have a bit of a dilemma to resolve. I previously gave the girls' All-Ireland appearances a wide berth, not wanting to put a male loser's hex on them but I'd already promised my Dubettes (whom I'll be taking to Croker next weekend for the camogie final, where they'll also get to shout for De Boyz En Blew in the U21 hurling decider) that we'd go to the final if Mayo made it that far. A promise made must be kept, I guess . . .

No comments: